Today I’m telling you about my festive faves!
1) favourite Christmas movie: The Holiday – Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz… need I say any more?
2) Have you ever had a white Christmas?
The last white Christmas we had in England was in 2010. My siblings, cousins and I went sledging together and it was so much fun!
3) Where do you usually spend your holiday?
We mostly stay at home just my mum, my siblings and I. However, we do see the whole family Boxing day and with around 30 of us it can get quite hectic, but it’s always fun!
4) What is your favourite Christmas song?
This is a hard question, there are so many great ones! I’ll always be happy with a bit of Bublé (especially when we decorate the tree). Maria Carey’s All I Want For Christmas, Wham’s Last Christmas and Band Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas are big hits too!
5) Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No, I’m usually running around wrapping my gifts on Christmas eve (ever the disorganised.)
6) Can you name all the reindeers?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Vixen and Rudolf. I think I’m missing one
(Just looked it up, I’m missing Donner)
7) What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?
We always open our stockings on Mum’s bed and cosy under the duvet together. Also, mums turkey and potatoes are to die for😋
8) Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
We always get a real tree. Although it’s a bit more expensive, the smell is so worth it!
9) What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
I love having chocolate in an advent calender each day, something yummy to start the day with.
10) Do you like receiving or giving gifts?
I find it a bit awkward to open presents in front of people as I don’t know whether I’m going to like the present. This year I’m so looking forward to giving presents out, especially for my friends and sister.
11) What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
When I was 12 I was, and sometimes still am, really into taking pictures so it has to be my pink Xepia camera.
12) What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I think New York would be amazing to visit around this festive time, all the decorations and lights would be so eccentric and amazing to see!
13) Are you a pro present wrapper?
Unfortunately, I suck at wrapping presents so it usually takes someone to hold the paper while I get tape or vice versa… don’t judge!
14) Most memorable Christmas moment?
Seeing my Nan drowned in a blue dressing gown last year and her pretending to be the Virgin Mary… she had all of us in stiches!
15) What made you reliase the truth about Santa?
I don’t think I saw anything or was told, I kind of just figured it out about 4 years ago (bare in mind I am 17)
16) Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I always make New Years resolutions as I’m sure there’s many things I need to change or make better in my life. This year I made 7 New Years resolutions and kept 6 of them. Last year however, I made 2 and did none so it really depends.
17) What makes the holiday special to you?
I think it’s really important to have a rest and relax in the holidays. I also really enjoy seeing all my family and friends and eating great food.
I hope you enioyed this blog, make sure to leave any of your holiday traditions in the comments and see what others get up to. See you soon and Merry Christmas! Alice